Department of Periodontics
A Message from the Chairman
Welcome to the newly re-designed website for the Department of Periodontics. We are excited to bring you the latest information about our recent advancements and developments; I sincerely hope you enjoy all that our new website has to offer. We've added new features to keep you up-to-date on the field of periodontics. We want you to look at our website as a tool you can utilize to keep you in contact with the world of periodontics at the University of Texas Health Science Center, Dental School. Technology. It's an ever-changing process so if you'd like to see something on our webpages that would help you navigate our site better, please let us know. We'd love to hear from you.
Through annual retreats, department meetings, and group discussions, the Department works hard to stay at the forefront of the profession. We strive to be the best; your thoughts and encouragement inspire us to excel well into the future. Please let us know about any address changes or news that you'd like to share. It is indeed an exciting time in the Department and in Periodontics!
David L. Cochran, DDS, MS, PhD
University Mission Statement
The mission of The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is to:
- Educate future health care providers and scientists who reflect the diversity of our state and nation
- Conduct biomedical research focused on seeking information fundamental to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Provide compassionate and culturally competent state-of-the-art clinical care
- Promote health awareness, education and practices thereby improving the wellness of the community we serve.
- Stimulate the life science industry in our state and nation.